Posted to alt.building.construction,alt.home.cleaning,alt.home.repair
James James is offline

Default Source for 55 gallon plastic drum ?

Thanks for all the replies. I would only have to "handle or move" the tank
when empty. I take my trailer to the fuel vendor, and put the gas in the
barrel, and then back to my remote cabin, and would pump it out with a 12
volt pump that runs off the Jeep battery.

I do see that the weight of the steel drum is not that much more than the
plastic, yet the plastic would still be even easier for me to pick up and
throw on the trailer.

From the info posted, the steel drums are subject to rust and leaks, and the
plastic ones suffer from uv rays and severe cold. I will take all of this
into account.

Some very good points were posted on this, I appreciate them all, and I will
make note of all the points.

My other consideration is what kind of top I would have on the barrel that I
would buy. I suppose if I got the right top, I could make some sort of
home-made "mount" for the 12 volt pump.

Thanks again to all.

James