John Thomas

Default wood suggestions / budget drill recommendations

"C Carruth" wrote in
:

Second, I am returning a HF radial drill press (long story) and need
a replacement that is not too much different in price, but different
in quality. (yea, I know, pick one or the other, not both) Either
floor or bench is ok, radial feature not necessary, and would prefer
to deal with local stores versus mail order. Any suggestions?

If you go the bench route, at least get one with a rack/pinion table
movement.

I have the little 8" HF, and it's ok for what it is, but moving that
table is a real PITA.

Were it me, to do over again, I'd get a floor model (grizzly maybe?)
they're really not that much more, and don't take up that much floor
space.

Regards,
JT