Posted to rec.woodworking
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Spiral vs Jig saw

Charlie Groh wrote:
On Fri, 6 Mar 2009 14:58:21 -0600, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Charlie Groh wrote:
On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 11:27:14 -0800 (PST), Robatoy
wrote:

On Mar 5, 12:46 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Since the Fein patent expired late last year, others have
duplicated the tool. Harbor Freight, Dremel, Bosch, and others
make a replacement tool - and all the blades between
manufacturers are interchangable.

You may want to check that. I don't they're all interchangeable. In
fact, I'm pretty sure they're not. But I also don't know which fit
which.

...boy, I've had a Fein tool for quite awhile now, and LOVE the way
it functions...I use it mainly for hard to cut things like base or
crown that needs a trim for a cabinet installation; non-invasive and
accurate. That said, I would be elated if I didn't have to pay Fein
prices for *that* blade...looks like a job for Supergoogler!

Toss the Fein in the dumpster, get the HF equivalent, and you can use
everybody's blades (or darned near everybody's). Using cheap blades,
you'll find that there are even MORE jobs to which you can apply the
tool (toenail trimming, pet grooming, weed-whacking, fish scaling,
emergency amputations, sidewalk chewing-gum removal, opening
turtles, etc.).

...hahaha, maybe, but I'm gonna find out if those blades will fit mine
first!

MORE INFO

Looking on Ebay, the SECCO tool says their tool will not accept Fein blades,
BUT they sell an adaptor to allow the use of Fein blades. SECCO blades,
WILL, however, fit a Fein tool.

Here's the item, current bid, with shipping, is about $70.00.

http://cgi.ebay.com/SECCO-916-with-F...3A1%7C294%3A50

Ebay also has oodles of cheaper blades. And other things. For example,
here's a guy selling a Fein "sander," which is really a Fein Multimaster,
for less than $60.00.
http://cgi.ebay.com/FEIN-SANDER-TYPE...3A1%7C294%3A50

I can't look anymore... it's all too tempting.

Aside:
You can find all kinds of **** on Ebay. This past week I called a wallpaper
store and attempted to buy a mural for $105. We don't have a company credit
card and they wouldn't take a company check. Found the same mural (actually
four of the same by different sellers) on Ebay and bought the mural for $40,
including shipping.