Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default House of Tools (Canada) closing?

On Mar 5, 11:05*pm, "Michael Koblic" wrote:
I thought that something was wrong when the March flyer did not appear.
Today I was told that the local branch of the House of Tools is closing in
May. I am also told that the whole chain may be in jeopardy.

For a small community like ours this is a minor disaster. It is hard to
understand as the local shop has been thriving in spite of the recession.

I was planning to buy a major piece of machinery from them but shall not
now. Warranty would be a real issue.

Shame.

--
Michael Koblic,
Campbell River, BC

Michael, in my opinion who will survive this downturn is dependent on
how much they rely on a credit line.

Some of the hardest hit companies will be those who have been running
on credit or just went in debt for expansion purposes.

Be this time next year, we will be looking back over the rubble of
some well known names.

TMT