Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
A Lurker A Lurker is offline

Default Why do you participate (or lurk) in this group?

"StephenM" wrote in
:

Of course, big reason for lurking is teranews has been taking a lot
of finagling of late. I've had to delete and reset up the account
several times and it got to where I could not post. We'll see if
this works but I won't hold my breath.

I am really cheap and I gave up on tera-news because of posts showing
up 3 days later or never. I realise that news posting are not
instantaneous, but if a post takes 3 days, the conversation has left
you behind.

I ended up he http://usenet-news.net/

For $10, I get to download 30GB of content. I think I might have to
pony up again in a year or two.

-steve

As a longtime lurker on the wrec, I came here when I began turning 2
years ago. I've had on & off ISP supplied usenet service and ultimately
used tera-news. I've had the same problems as you, never knowing when and
if my posts will show up.(We'll see with this one) Makes you look like a
real putz when your post comes in days after the discussion is over.
Maybe I also will invest $10 in your suggestion. Thanks.

Jerry