IMM

Default Opposite of radiators... and more

"gandalf" wrote in message

But to be practical, this country does not warrant environmental control

at the
domestic level. It would be impossible for most of us to justify the

additional
cost. If it really bothered me I would just buy a window rattler and cool

down
the lounge. If I was bothered by heat at night I would get another one for

the
bedroom, although I doubt it,. as they can drive you nuts so I probably

would
rather just live with it the one or two times a decade it gets too much.

High insulation helps a lot. It keeps heat out as well as in. Roof
overhangs to the correct length to shade the summer sun and allow in winter
sun. A slow moving fan is fine for most cases with high insulation. Heat
recovery is fine by taking in outside air from under vegetation. Quite
effective too. No need for chillers, compressors, etc.

Heat pumps heating a battery in a duct can reverse. So cooling by default,
but it still cost to run, but the extracted heat may be stored in the earth
to be extracted in winter. It moves heat. The "overall" cost may be
economical enough.

---