Posted to rec.crafts.woodturning
Ted Ted is offline

Default Why do you participate (or lurk) in this group?

I have regularly attended the "meetings" of this group for several
years (ever since I first got interested in turning). It has been one
of the many reliable sources of information I have used to improve as
a woodturner along with videos, lessons and "logging" lots of hours on
the lathe (pun intended).

At first I was a lurker. I read everything that this group had to
offer. I suspect that is the case with lots of the group's members.
But as time passed and I felt more confidence I decided to contribute
from time to time.

Over the years I have seen some new names pop up every so often. I
have also noticed some other names vanish. I am not sure why. I
speculate that as some have used this group to become better turners
they have become even more addicted, spend more time turning and have
to attend shows to sell their pieces.

Whatever the case I believe that this group has helped a lot of people
over the years. It still does.

Ted J