Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Minwax Tung Oil 'Pure' Tung Oil?

The Minwax stuff is sold as "Tung Oil Finish" and does not state it is
pure Tung oil or that it even contains any Tung oil at all. It just
says it is an oil finish. It is not like a food product which must
state what the ingredients are.

In the inverse, if an item says "Pure Tung oil" then they would have
an obligation to actually deliver such a product.

On Mar 5, 12:37*pm, wrote:
I'm finishing some birdseye maple and want to use tung oil to minimize
yellowing. *Is all tung oil the same?
I see 'tung oil' and then 'pure tung oil' advertised. *I'm worried
about other addatives causing some yellowing.