Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Spiral vs Jig saw

On Mar 5, 3:20*pm, "HeyBub" wrote:
Robatoy wrote:
On Mar 5, 12:46 pm, "HeyBub" wrote:

Since the Fein patent expired late last year, others have duplicated
the tool. Harbor Freight, Dremel, Bosch, and others make a
replacement tool - and all the blades between manufacturers are
interchangable.

You may want to check that. I don't they're all interchangeable. In
fact, I'm pretty sure they're not. But I also don't know which fit
which.

The Dremel blades fit the HF model (by experiment) and say on the package
that they fit Fein tools. Bosch says to use Fein blades.

So, I'll rephrase: There is a high degree, if not universal, of
interchangeability in the blades of different manufacturers.

This makes sense: The real money (like Gilette) is in the blades, not the
tool. The simple cutting blade from Dremel is about $11 (and costs about
five cents to manufacture).

That's another Fein mess you got me into, Ollie.