Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected][_2_] norminn@earthlink.net[_2_] is offline

Default Placement of Bath Exhaust Fan

bob haller wrote:
On Mar 5, 10:51�am, Edge wrote:
There is no doubt that moving the fan to another location is going to
be more work. However since I see humid air from daily showers as more
of a problem than poop stink, wouldn't putting the fan in its existing
location, over the toilet and diagonally the furthest from the shower,
make even a high cfm fan much less effective.

you eed easy air in for good flow...........

like a louver in the door.

could remove the existing fan motor and blades, leave the cover in
place and install a large high CFM exhaust fan in attic with exhaust
outside

much less noise, higher air flow less work too

Less work? What is "high CFM"? 110? 240? At what point does it suck
the door off it's hinges? ) There is a Panasonic with built in timer
which, it seems, would solve the issue of CFM being a problem. Our fan
is ancient, but installed a timer on the wall-switch so's we didn't have
to wait on it to finish it's job.

12x bath, with 8' ceiling, has 1152 cu. ft....70 cfm changes the air in
about 16 min. With 110 cfm, it takes a little more than 10 min. How to
replace the air if that much is exhausted?