Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Batteries for cordless phones?

"Ignoramus15384" wrote in message
We have a very fancy Uniden CLX-485 phone system. While it worked
great for 2+ years, the batteries lost their ability to charge.

My attempt to buy "generic oem batteries" ended up with garbage
batteries that will not hold charge.

My first question is WTF. Is it really so difficult to make a good
rechargeable battery?

My second question is, is anyone aware of an honest seller of
batteries?

*I have seen this happen a few times with my own phones and friends and
family. Try cleaning the contacts on the charger, the phone, and if
possible, the battery. They usually don't look dirty or corroded, but it
has worked every time for me. My mother returned batteries to Radio Shack
twice saying that they were defective. I cleaned the contacts and it has
been fine ever since. I use a clean pencil eraser and a Q tip with some
alcohol.