Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy[_2_] Robatoy[_2_] is offline

Default Spiral vs Jig saw

On Mar 5, 11:46*am, Andrew Barss wrote:
Leon wrote:
: "notbob" wrote in message

: I
: be better served, in the long run, by the newer spiral saw technology,
: assuming I can't afford both tools. *Thank you.
:
: nb

: The Rotozip was originally developed to cut sheet rock/dry wall cut outs.
: It has been marketed as a do it all tool but in all seriousness it does not
: perform well on any material harder than sheetrock/ or drywall.

: A jig saw would be a better choice and will work on a variety of harder
: materials than sheetrock.

Second the recommendation of the jig saw. *Also, the blades you use make an enormous
difference. *I've been vry impressed with Bosch's new line of Xtra Clean For Wood blades
(T308B). Here's a review:

An AMAZING blade. Truly a break-through in jigsaw blades.

http://blogs.popularwoodworking.com/...View,guid,ab21...

You can get them from Amzon (and probably locally if you're in a city).

* * * * -- Andy Barss