gandalf

Default Opposite of radiators... and more

"IMM" wrote in message

"gandalf" wrote in message

"Brian Reay" wrote in message

"Davey" wrote in message

Georgian windows are supposed to go right up to ceiling height. Pull upper
sash down and lower one up and instant circulation with the hot risen air
floating outside and the cooler air dropping in via the bottom sash. Great
design.

Works well in Africa. I remember working in the Raadsaal (Paul Krugers
parliament building in Pretoria) and they had just such a set-up. But the rooms
had extremely high ceilings. A good 20 foot or so. The height seemed to be vital
to the principal.

We have similar old buildings in my home town here and they too have high
ceilings, but they're a bugger to heat in winter. Some sort of hydraulically
adjustable ceiling would be ideal.