Dave

Default Security advice - pet immune PIRs?

After getting burglars this morning I think it is time to review our
security system. Fortunately, they didnt get away with anything as the alarm
went off after they opened the front door (presumably they were getting an
escape route as they entered through a kitchen window). Now because we have
a cat, we tend to leave off the zone that was the entry point - there is a
PIR in this zone which the cat has set off before. Also in this zone is a
door contact on the back door and a vibration sensor on the window they
entered through - I expect they wouldnt have got in had this zone been
enabled!

You tend to get complacent about security when nothing has heppened for a
long time but this has made us take a bit of notice. So I was thinking about
rewiring to put the pir on its own zone (we only have 4 zones so a bit of
juggling would be needed) which we can leave off if necessary while still
protecting the doors & windows. However, I was just looking at cpc and they
have some 'animal resistant' PIRs which wont be triggered by an animal up to
35kg in weight. Has anyone used these devices before and are they really
resistant to my cat wandering round (while still picking up a person!)? Here
is a link to them...

http://tinyurl.com/g0fw

cheers

dave.