Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Everyone has an accent. And if 'standard English' is stuck to
rigorously, the language would never evolve which would be equally
ludicrous.

Its not 'accent'. Its correct and clear enunciation and pronunciation.

Everyone has an accent.

I've no objection to 'Gie's a wee dram' instead of 'Might I have a small
scotch'

That's dialect.

But not on national radio, or TV, when the aim is to reach the largest
number of people.

So you want all dramas played by actors using your favourite accent?

--
*"I am " is reportedly the shortest sentence in the English language. *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.