Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

wrote:
On 3 Mar, 10:52, Janet Tweedy wrote:
In article , Arfa Daily
writes

Yeah. That and "loose" for "lose" are two that really get me ...
Arfa

Not 'arf' as much as infer and imply!!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

At a more mundane level, "should of" instead of "should have" is
becoming ubiquitous.

A furniture store near me sells "Sofa's Chairs, and table's"
apparently.

At my local builder's merchant I recently asked if they had "free
doors" in stock. They said they had, so I said I would take 4 of them.

Another time, while ordering some 4x2 timber they asked me what "lemf"
I wanted. I said I had no idea as I didn't know what a "lemf" was.

And why do so many builders refer to length, width, and highth?

--
Cheers,

John.

http://www.internode.co.uk |