Posted to uk.d-i-y
Alang Alang is offline

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

On Wed, 4 Mar 2009 01:43:30 -0000, "Arfa Daily"
wrote:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message
.. .
drugs began to take hold. I remember Tim S saying
something like:

S Viemeister coughed up some electrons that declared:

Lead and led are often misused.
"I" where "me" should be used.
"would of" "had of" "could of"

They should return to teaching Latin... At least you leave with the
concept
that something called "grammar" exists.

Now, that's just a reference to the parent's mother.

I enjoyed latin at school, and find it interesting still, it being at the
root of many common words.

Here's another one that has started really annoying me lately.
urning -thing into -think as in "I didn't see anythink at all" or "Nothink
would persuade me to speak to him" or "There must be somethink to it".

And even worse when the "th" gets traded for an "f" as well ...

It is so common to hear this on the TV now, even from people that you would
otherwise consider to be 'well-spoken' and well educated.

Arfa

But do you say 'droring'?