Charles Bragg

Default Is this *real* mahogany

On Tue, 14 Oct 2003 08:03:22 GMT, "Mike Hide"
wrote:

Worms, with the exception of the south american variety [about the size of
your finger and which I ma told the natives like to eat alive] for the most
part do not like Mahogany . As a matter of fact the discovery of Mahogany by
the west almost eliminated the use of walnut for that very reason, it's
resistance to woodworm infestations .

Well now, you have steered the ID of this wood back to the
South American (S. macrophylla) kind. If it were African, I hear you
saying it would not be likely to have worm holes.

=====
Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
=====
{remove curly brackets for email}