Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default dot matrix printer

In message , Jeweller
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:
I have been looking for a cheap printer to replace the gummed up
inkjet my wife used to use before we bought her a laptop. I now get
irregular e-mails requesting that such and such
letter/recipe/birth/marriage/death etc. attachment should be printed
on the office m/c.
I don't leave my PC switched on so networking won't work and she
works at the other end of the house so picking up copy is inconvenient.
I confidently expected dot matrix printers to be dirt cheap by now
and half promised one as a birthday pressie. 150ukp they must be
joking!
For 70ukp I can get an entry level laser inc. usb cable. Is there
something I should know?
regards

OK, so I'm late to this thread but I do have an OLD[1] dot matrix
printer ready for recycling.

[1] Star LC-10, OK I'll wizz it.

Too late:-)

Amazon has the job in hand.

I shall soon be able to report on intermittent use laser problems!

regards

--
Tim Lamb