Posted to uk.d-i-y
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default dot matrix printer

Lobster wrote:

For anyone who hasn't seen it, Word 2007 is the most utterly appalling
abomination - when I've been forced into using it I can't see any
advantage at all over the previous version; they've simply hidden all
the commands away in totally illogical places. The PowerPoint 'upgrade'
is even worse; simply totally unusable.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. In another newsgroup individuals were
insisting that Word 2007 is perfect and much easier to use than 2003. I
think that they're all on mind bending drugs.

Last week someone at work asked me how to add a button to an Excel
spreadsheet that would change the view of the spreadsheet when a user
clicked on it. A piece of cake in Excel 2003, simply call up the "forms"
toolbar select button, drag to the spreadheet and attach a macro to
display a custom view. We worked through it together then he went away
to do it himself. He was back in five minutes - "how do you do that in
Excel 2007?"

Another bloody nightmare. Give it a try someday. It starts off with the
problem that the forms toolbar is hidden, then you have to solve how to
access macro function capability.