Posted to rec.woodworking
Pat Barber Pat Barber is offline

Default lumbar for trim

Since you can buy baseboard cheaper than the
material needed to make it and is already
primed, why on earth would you want to make
your own baseboard ?

Is this a very strange pattern possibly ?

Do you have shaper and power feeder ?

Primed MDF baseboard is your friend.

wrote:
Greetings Woodworkers,

I am going to make some new wooden baseboards for my house and would
like some recommendations regarding the best type of lumber to use.

Will pine be sufficiently durable to withstand years of wear and tear,
or should I consider using a hardwood? What grade lumber should I
look for? I intend to paint the boards, so knots should not present a
problem unless it will make it too difficult to shape the boards with
my router.

Sincerely,
JH