Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_3_] Graham.[_3_] is offline

Default Freesat and PVR installing?

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
Janet Tweedy wrote:

Cough splutter, having delved under the assortment of cables, leads and
aerial connections i indeed have surfaced with TWO leads to the Sky box
from the wall, one lead from Sky to DVD recorder/player and one lead from
Sky to TV, one lead from roof aerial to TV (in case we lost the satellite
reception) and one lead with no end on it.
Oh, and 2 dog biscuits, three Christmas cards, a pound coin and two
wrappers from a box of quality street.

Oh well money *and* food, what more could you want as reward for your
efforts! ;-)

So I seem to have the requisite number of leads ...................

Jolly good.

It's not what's going into the TV that's important at this stage, it's
what's going into the back of your Sky+ box.

Oh well that's okay then. Thanks a lot, I feel more confident that i
don't need to pay an engineer to bring out the special cables always
assuming that the ones that go into the Sky box will also fit the Humax?

Almost certainly - the leads probably have "F connectors" on them. These
are small silver plugs - usually with a section at the end that screws
onto the socket. It normally has a hex nut profile on it to make getting a
grip on the rotating bit easier. Moving them to the new box is simply a
case of unscrewing from and inserting and tightening gently on the new
one. When removed from the socket you will see a short length of the
centre core of the cable poking out then end of the connector.

Now all I have to do is to check whether Dave was correct in thinking
that Freesat will exclude some channels.

Well here is the list of channels:

http://www.freesat.co.uk/index.php?page=whatson.Main

It says "ITV HD is not currently available to STV and UTV viewers"
Are the Scots and Irish so honest that they won't even tell lies to
their domestic appliances?

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%