Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default O.T. : What Have We Done ... ?

Janet Tweedy wrote:
A sikh family moved into a house a few street away, a rare thing in
those days. The word "gnikrapon" was painted on the wooden garage
doors shortly afterwards.

Me & my mates assumed that this was some mysterious Indian word &
we all wondered what on earth it meant. It took us months to
realise he had tried to write "noparking" in mirror writing & not
got it right.

We used to have an Indian restaurant in town which was set back off
the road. You could drive up to the doors and order the take away.
The sign said "Mum taz" which we all assumed to be the name of the
restaurant and therefore called it that for years. Then an Indian film
on TV showed a car park in Dehli with a sign that said "Car Park" then
"Mum Taz" underneath.

Priceless! :-)

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman