Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Any alarm wizards ?

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 18:02:40 +0000, Peter Andrews wrote:

"Jules" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 23:21:01 +0000, Colin Wilson wrote:

Just bought a house (yay!) and it has what looks like an Optima panel
(not had a real good look at it yet) with remote keypad.

The house was a respossession, so no info at all is available, so I
don't have a code for the alarm etc.

I sympathise - we had the same prob (& still do) - nice alarm with all
sorts of remote sensors, hooks up to the phone line, monitors the smoke
detectors too etc. but we don't know the code and it rings like a *******
every time we accidentally set a smoke alarm off :-)

What alarm?

Hmm, I had a quick look and it just says "Simon" on the case; no obvious
model number or data plate. It's been on the to-do list to take it down
and investigate for nearly a year now... maybe I'll motivate myself in the
next few days :-)

It's all owned by us rather than the security company, but the fees for
having all the remote monitoring activated were high enough that we've
never bothered. Be nice to change the code though just so we can
quieten it whenever we accidentally set it off via the smoke alarms...

(I suppose I could just disconnect it from the AC supply and let its
internal battery gradually go flat)

cheers

Jules