Posted to uk.d-i-y
Janet Tweedy Janet Tweedy is offline

Default Freesat and PVR installing?

In article et, Dave
Liquorice writes

You do know that your Sky box will function as a "Freesat from Sky" box
and get you all the "Freesat" channels. You are switching to the Humax to
get free HD and PVR fuctionality I take it. Is Sky+ still £10/month extra?

Not HD but the PVR certainly and Series link. The recording facility now
doesn't work on my Sky box though we do of course still get the free
channels and the Guide. We gave away our video recorder when we got Sky
plus.

Five and it's offerings are not on "Freesat" and are FTV on "Freesat from
Sky" and I don't think all of Channel 4's are FTA (yet).

Well presumably if I ever really wanted to see Five I can watch it
online or watch Channel four on the TV upstairs as we still have the old
ordinary sky box linked up there and still also get the main channels
via the satellite cable on it.

I'll certainly print out the list of FTV and FTA channels and also the
Freesat channels to compare now you've mentioned there might be a
significant difference Dave. Thank you.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy