Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default dot matrix printer

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 15:31:28 +0000, Dave Liquorice wrote:

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:48:04 -0600, Jules wrote:

I use Openoffice for just about everything, and it drives me nuts that I
have to go and locate a Windows machine with Word on it every time I'm
sending something "off site" in electronic form, purely so I can verify
that OO has correctly saved in Word format properly & that the doc will
look more or less as it should for the recipient.

How often does OOo not save as M$ expects? I'm not overly concerned about
complex documents just yer run of the mill ordinary letter with maybe an
image and/or table.

I've not had much trouble with the layout side - but of course OO's idea
of available fonts on a Linux box are generally different to Word's on a
Windows box, so I normally have to do a little bit of font tinkering in
Word so that things look nice.

OO running on a Windows platform might sort out a lot of the font issues
though, as hopefully it'll use exactly the same fonts that Word would.

cheers

Jules