Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Exhaust gasket goo

"Steve W." fired this volley in news:goi0s7$agb
:

Hit it with some acid flux and braze it,
then file it flat.

I owned and loved a 1948/49/50 8N for fifteen years. It had numerous
"prior repairs". Pretty much everything except the sheet metal (and
the replacement 9N steering pitman arm) was repaired by brazing, and
none of the repairs ever failed while I had it. The tractor is still
mowing ten acres twice a month during the growing season for the guy I
sold the ranchette to. The only "major" I had on it was when the
right axle arm broke clean off at the frame. Spares were thankfully
only a day away.

Now I have a bigger "ranchette" (20 acres), and have a 1968 air-cooled
diesel Deutz 56. It's never had the heads off (thank God!).

LLoyd