Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham.[_3_] Graham.[_3_] is offline

Default Freesat and PVR installing?

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
Not sure if this comes under DIY but hoping it does.

I have a Sky-plus satellite box and cable but recently stopped Sky.

If I have all the required cables for Sky-plus can I just get a Humax
Foxsat HD PVR recorder and plug it in or do I need to pay the extra to get
someone to 'install' it?

I tried looking it up on the tv/sat experts forums and got baffled by the
science and vast lists of special leads/cables/connections.

Maybe someone here can just let me know in easy DIY terms?

Yes, your Sky digital dish is exactly right for Freesat because it
uses exactly the same satellites and signals, only the Electronic
Programme Guide is different.
The official Freesat website should make this clear, but it doesn't
quite do that because of its reluctance to utter the "S" word

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%