Posted to uk.d-i-y
Colin Wilson Colin Wilson is offline

Default Any alarm wizards ?

The house was a respossession, so no info at all is available, so I
don't have a code for the alarm etc.

I sympathise - we had the same prob (& still do)

From what I can tell, the alarm in this house has been out of
commission for some time, although some basics still appear to work
(it chirps when you restore power) - but the windows are all double
glazed, and have sensors that would have originally been on a wooden
frame dangling down...

Considering at least one of the glazed units is now of an age by which
it appears to have failed, it's not been "on" for a considerable
length of time.