Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default dot matrix printer

On Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:48:04 -0600, Jules wrote:

I use Openoffice for just about everything, and it drives me nuts that I
have to go and locate a Windows machine with Word on it every time I'm
sending something "off site" in electronic form, purely so I can verify
that OO has correctly saved in Word format properly & that the doc will
look more or less as it should for the recipient.

How often does OOo not save as M$ expects? I'm not overly concerned about
complex documents just yer run of the mill ordinary letter with maybe an
image and/or table.

Says him thinking that when SWMBO'd computer gets replaced it's not going
to get M$ Office. Indeed I'd like to move to linux but that might be
pushing things a bit to far...

--
Cheers
Dave.