Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default dot matrix printer

"Huge" wrote in message
On 2009-03-01, Owain wrote:
Lobster wrote:
Appin wrote:
I wouldn't employ anyone who used Word, myself,
Whether you love Word or hate it, in the real world isn't that an
awfully broad and haphazard method of screening applicants...?!

Considerably more scientific (and probably useful) than graphology or
astrology (both of which I have seen used by local government personnel
responsible for recruitment).

I have been subjected to graphology by a large multinational. I wrote the
sample in block capitals and commented to the HR person that graphology
was so much tidier and less smelly than haruspicy.

For some reason I didn't get the job.

I'm very partial to "The Office" shortlisting method:

Throw half the applications away at random - the last thing you want to do
is employ an unlucky person

Can't argue with that.

--
Bob Mannix