Mike Hide

Default Is this *real* mahogany

Worms, with the exception of the south american variety [about the size of
your finger and which I ma told the natives like to eat alive] for the most
part do not like Mahogany . As a matter of fact the discovery of Mahogany by
the west almost eliminated the use of walnut for that very reason, it's
resistance to woodworm infestations .

I have seen mahogany veneered pine absolutely riddled with wood worm on pine
side with just a few holes showing in the veneered side .

--
mike hide

"P van Rijckevorsel" wrote in message
Charles Bragg (no, dammit, not the painter)
schreef

The only remaining questions is - does African Mahogany have the
same kind of wormholes in it that I read about for the real stuff?
FWW's recent article on Finishing Mahogany showed worm holes just like
the ones in my suspect wood.

+ + +
What wormholes are these? Mahogany should not have any.
PvR