Posted to uk.d-i-y
Tim Lamb[_2_] Tim Lamb[_2_] is offline

Default dot matrix printer

In message , geoff
writes

For 70ukp I can get an entry level laser inc. usb cable. Is there
something I should know?

economies of scale, innit

I need a dot matrix for printing labels, yes they are no longer cheap

The same is happening with IDE hard drives I noticed last week -
getting more expensive that the equivalent SATA ones

If you want cheap, I just bought a Canon i2600 for £29.99 +

It does what's required of it, consumables are reasonable

Cost is secondary to standby reliability. The use will probably not
exceed 3 copies once per week!

Amazon are sending me an HP laserjet p1006 shortly.

From the interest shown, should I expect a raft of reasons why this is a
bum decision?

regards

--