Posted to uk.d-i-y
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Plumbing Experts - Help ... !!

"John Rumm" wrote in message
et...
Arfa Daily wrote:

Thanks for that John. So, 1/2" and 3/4". Where on earth is that measured
to equate to the sizes I measured at the threads ? The logic and history
of plumbing fitting sizes are beyond me ... :-)

The 1/2" is the inside diameter of the an iron barrel pipe. When you
thread the outside you end up with something just over 0.8" because of the
thick pipe wall.

--
Cheers,

John.

Ah-Ha ! Thanks John and others. I am now a little more enlightened. Since
the original post, I have bitten the bullet, and drilled the bloody great
holes in the bath's top edge, to take the taps. Scary stuff ... !

Arfa