Posted to alt.home.repair
AZ Nomad[_2_] AZ Nomad[_2_] is offline

Default Repairing old Radio Shack equipment

On Sat, 28 Feb 2009 09:30:33 -0800, Zootal wrote:

"Tony Hwang" wrote in message
Zootal wrote:
I have an old Radio Shack multi meter, 22-166A. I talked to Radio Shack
about betting it fixed, and they said that for something this old I'm
pretty much out of luck. Does anyone here know of a source of parts and
repair for old Radio Shack equipment?

Hi,
RS never sold a meter worth fixing.

RS hasn't sold much of *anything* worth fixing for a very long time. I
stopped buying Radio Shack products years ago because I got tired of them
breaking or otherwise going bad. A long time ago Made In Japan products used
to have a bad reputation (ok, I'm dating myself). Now it's the made in China
stuff, which is just about everything in Radio Shack, is even worse.

With chinese stuff, it depends on the engineering. The engineering of the
product and of the manufacturing process is rarely chinese.

Radio shack like the lipstickonapig approach. The crappiest products, but
with a pretty case.