Posted to alt.home.repair
ransley ransley is offline

Default Painting old silver plate

On Feb 28, 9:47*am, starrin wrote:
We have some old silverplated decorative birds on which the silver
plate is just shot. *Not worth attempting to replate. *However, we
could see painting them for occasional use. *
My thought is to simply rough up the finish a bit and then spray paint
them the desired color. *But, I thought I would ask if there is a
better approach to painting them, perhaps some particular undercoat,
specific paint?
TIA
* *starrin

get a local antique store to bid of value before you do this, and tell
them you want to paint them. For all you know they are worth
10,000.00 If smooth metal clean with Laquer Thinner and use 400+g