Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default DYKEM spray can warning!

On Thu, 26 Feb 2009 10:51:50 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

A few minutes ago I was in the metal working part of my small
electronic assembly service plant. I had been noticing a somewhat
familiar odor the last few weeks, but thought it was from something
one of my employees had been doing in the shop. Now I see a BIG mess
of red-black sticky stuff on two of the storage shelves.

My rules, and a bunch of pens, pencils, paper, and other stuff are
splattered and stuck in a puddle of the stuff.

It all came from a rather new spray can of DYKEM red. A pin hole
developed in the welded seam of the can, about 1 inch from the bottom.
Almost the entire can emptied itself onto the shelves and the stuff on
the shelves.

I can clean it up with denatured alcohol,but what a mess! I am going
to take the can back to Fastenall and see if they will give me a new
one.

The can of blue DYKEM looks ok, but I am going to store it inside a
leak proof container. Too late for the red.

Just thought you all need to know!

Paul in Central Oregon.

I have 3...Three cases of assorted spray Dykem. All brand new.

Each and every one has no pressure on the cans.

A gift from a very ****ed off client who orders it by the pallet load

Gunner

"Lenin called them "useful idiots," those people living in
liberal democracies who by giving moral and material support
to a totalitarian ideology in effect were braiding the rope that
would hang them. Why people who enjoyed freedom and prosperity worked
passionately to destroy both is a fascinating question, one still with us
today. Now the useful idiots can be found in the chorus of appeasement,
reflexive anti-Americanism, and sentimental idealism trying to inhibit
the necessary responses to another freedom-hating ideology, radical Islam"