Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soap scum/lime scale - resists all known treatments

In article ,
"The Medway Handyman" writes:
Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
"BigGirlsBlouse" writes:

"me here" wrote in message
I have a build-up of soap scum / lime scale on the shower screen.
previously this has been dealt with by steam cleaning once it got
too much for proprietary shower sprays to deal with. Then a
combination of meths and/or lime-scale remover followed by steam
cleaning seemed to be necessary. Now I cannot remove the damn
stuff at all.

Done vinegar too, btw. We spray after each shower with whatever
that shower-spray stuff is, which does prevent it getting worse; but
there's still this residual blemish that nothing seems to shift.

Any suggestions?

There is definitely a product available from morrisons which does
the job... Viakal
Just dont get your hands on it..use rubber gloves.

and don't get it on aluminium, or in an enamel bath, or on
stainless steel...

Where do you get that from? From the P&G web site;

Viakal can safely be used on:

Chrome fixtures, stainless steel and fibreglass surfaces, ceramic tiles,
porcelain (sink, shower tray, WC, bidet), glass/plastic (shower doors,
plastic baths, vases), aluminium. Viakal is also safe for septic tanks.

Maybe it's not as strong as it was 8 years ago, when it stained
my stainless steel sink.

--
Andrew Gabriel