Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Plumbing Experts - Help ... !!

John Rumm wrote:
Arfa Daily wrote:

Some long time back, I bought a whirlpool bath from Bathstore. I
bought the same water inlet and taps that they had fitted in the
showroom. I have just reached the point where I am ready to fit it
all, and am having some difficulty finding the fittings that I need.
The filler unit is a largish chrome fitting on the bath face, with
the water connection points on the half of it fitted behind the bath
face. The actual connection points are plastic male thread which
reads about .8 inch - which seems to be just about exactly 20mm -
across the threads, on my vernier. So what size is this, and what
actually fits it ?

Sounds like they expect a standard 1/2" BSP tap connector. Say
something like:

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/15894/...m-x-Pack-of-10

(although for this application plastic pipe and speedfit may be a
better choice, or flexi connectors).

The taps are actually ceramic cartridge valves, with inlet at the
bottom, and outlet at the side. Both of these ports are brass male
thread, and read a tad over 1 inch across the threads. So again,
what size actually is this, and what fits them ?

3/4" BSP I would guess.

My incoming water is 22mm both hot and cold, currently with service
valves fitted, no stubs or anything in the tops of these at the
moment. So, I need to get from a 22mm service valve to the inlet
port on the valve (tap) at 1" (?) and then from the outlet port of
the valve, again 1" (?) to the bath filler inlet connector at 20mm.

http://www.screwfix.com/prods/15015/...22mm-x-x-300mm

Just take of the body of the compression fitting on the flexi and and
the remaining nut will screw straight onto your existing service
valve.
I had been hoping to use flexis - possibly standard sized tap
connectors to push fit, or push fit to push fit onto tap connectors
with pipe stubs etc, for both sections of each (hot and cold) feed,
but looking on, for instance, B&Q's website, I can't see any
combinations of connectors or flexis that seem to match these sizes.
Help please .... d:-\ }

Why are you looking on B&Q's web site and hoping to find anything
useful? ;-)

Indeed. A fruitless exercise. Back pocket & sock etc.

--
Dave - The Medway Handyman
www.medwayhandyman.co.uk