Posted to uk.d-i-y
Ian French[_2_] Ian French[_2_] is offline

Default Soap scum/lime scale - resists all known treatments

"me here" wrote in message
I have a build-up of soap scum / lime scale on the shower screen.
previously this has been dealt with by steam cleaning once it got too
much for proprietary shower sprays to deal with. Then a combination
of meths and/or lime-scale remover followed by steam cleaning seemed
to be necessary. Now I cannot remove the damn stuff at all.

Done vinegar too, btw. We spray after each shower with whatever that
shower-spray stuff is, which does prevent it getting worse; but
there's still this residual blemish that nothing seems to shift.

Any suggestions?

On occasions I have used Harpic limescale toilet cleaner to remove limescale
on baths, taps, basins etc.

When applied it fizzes up a treat, but I don't leave it unattended on chrome
plated taps, or plugholes, because it strips off the chrome in no time !
Don't ask me how I found this out !!
I rinse thoughly with warm water when finished, and I don't let the kids get
their hands on it.

And, before all the naysayers pipe up, I know it says on the container, " Do
not use on anything other than Toilet bowls", but I don't care.

Viakal is good as well, but it's got nowhere near the power of Harpic.

This information is provided with no warrantees, so don't blame me if it
dissolves your shower screen.

Ian.