Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Soap scum/lime scale - resists all known treatments

In article ,
"BigGirlsBlouse" writes:

"me here" wrote in message
I have a build-up of soap scum / lime scale on the shower screen.
previously this has been dealt with by steam cleaning once it got too
much for proprietary shower sprays to deal with. Then a combination
of meths and/or lime-scale remover followed by steam cleaning seemed
to be necessary. Now I cannot remove the damn stuff at all.

Done vinegar too, btw. We spray after each shower with whatever that
shower-spray stuff is, which does prevent it getting worse; but
there's still this residual blemish that nothing seems to shift.

Any suggestions?

There is definitely a product available from morrisons which does the job...
Viakal
Just dont get your hands on it..use rubber gloves.

and don't get it on aluminium, or in an enamel bath, or on
stainless steel...

--
Andrew Gabriel