Posted to uk.d-i-y
John John is offline

Default Soap scum/lime scale - resists all known treatments

"Dave Osborne" wrote in message
me here wrote:
I have a build-up of soap scum / lime scale on the shower screen.
previously this has been dealt with by steam cleaning once it got too
much for proprietary shower sprays to deal with. Then a combination
of meths and/or lime-scale remover followed by steam cleaning seemed
to be necessary. Now I cannot remove the damn stuff at all. Done vinegar
too, btw. We spray after each shower with whatever that
shower-spray stuff is, which does prevent it getting worse; but
there's still this residual blemish that nothing seems to shift.

Any suggestions?

LimeLite active gel is the dogs nuts for this kind of scum. Failing that
your best option is brick acid!

http://www.limeliteinfo.co.uk/products.asp

Start a policy of only using liquid soaps. Leaves no scum therefore you
don't damage surfaces and make them prone to staining due to excessive
cleaning.