Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Repairing old Radio Shack equipment

On 2/27/2009 6:04 PM Zootal spake thus:

There isn't much to this thing - it was not a high quality unit to
start with, and there are only a handfull of components in it. There
is no obvious sign of damage. Is it worth fixing? Probably not.

You've answered your own question there. Probably the majority of the
circuit, including what's damaged, is in one ASIC (application-specific
integrated circuit). Not a replaceable part.

Get a new meter.

--
Personally, I like Vista, but I probably won't use it. I like it
upgrades. As long as there is hardware and software out there that

- lifted from sci.electronics.repair