Posted to sci.electronics.repair
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default No Time Left For VCRs?

In article , (GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article ,

(GregS) wrote:
In article , UCLAN
wrote:
GregS wrote:

Its a fact both my cable boxes, are both digital, but only one is HDTV

I am guessing my other old Comcast box does not have digital out. Its a digital
Comcast cable box. It picks up SD digital channels and outputs them
to NTSC video out.

SD is really not standard definition, only according to the # of lines
displayed on the Tv and bandwidth. The truth of the matter, compressed
digital looks a lot worse than old analog. Its crap.
It does look better on the cable than what I have seen on Direct TV.
Compression is up.

greg

You cannot see much of any good analog broadcasting these days
cause most of the analog signals are digitally processed into an artifacted
mess.

greg