Posted to rec.woodworking
RicodJour RicodJour is offline

Default Sketup Question

On Feb 27, 6:03*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:

Ironically, I find SU best for the other end of the work. Start with a blank
"sheet", slap in the topography from Google Earth, and have at it.

Right now I'm trying to get the site plan drawing, prepared by the
engineer to agree with Google Earth in Sketchup. The engineer has the
North arrow off by almost ten degrees (ummm, hey buddy, we're going
solar with this thing!), the buildings are in the right locations but
the edge of the lake is off by a fair bit, and that affects setbacks,
lot area and all sorts of other stuff.

It's amazing to so easily compare and correct such specific
information. Before Google bought Sketchup it was just a dream. Now
it's almost free.