Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon Grimly Curmudgeon is offline

Default dot matrix printer

drugs began to take hold. I remember The Natural Philosopher
saying something like:

As usual with Linux then ;-)

As compared with windows, in which if there isn't a correct driver, you
are totally shagged..

There's nearly always a generic driver in Windows that works to provide
basic functionality, no matter what printer I've used. Case in point, my
latest HP - I couldn't be doing with all that system-clogging crap HP
wanted to put on, so it's running happily on a Windows driver and prints
anything I throw at it.