Posted to uk.d-i-y
Toby Sleigh[_2_] Toby Sleigh[_2_] is offline

Default skip diving - whats the best you have rescued?

"Stephen Howard" wrote in message
. ..
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 01:31:30 -0800 (PST), Dave Starling
wrote:

As in have you ever known anyone in charge of a skip to say 'No' when
you ask if you can remove something from it?
The usual response is "Blimey guv, sure - take the bleedin' lot".

Too right, over the last few years I've had about 12 skips, always delighted
when stuff was taken out. I always made sure anything remotely useful was
clearly visible on top.

The best things I used to get out of skips was Victorian cast iron
fireplaces. Haven't seen one of those in a skip for the past fifteen years
or so.