Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Battery capacity measurement (IBT-Gold)

In article ,
T i m wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 19:57:29 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
wrote:

In article ,
T i m wrote:
For wet cells the specific gravity of the electrolyte tells you the
state of charge.

Understood but very few batteries are wet and accessible these days
(AGM / VRLA / recombination / whatever).

Most car ones still are - if you peel off the top label. Then possibly
remove some plastic covers. Underneath are the usual screw in plugs.

So not convenient though eh and I'm not sure if that would affect how
it works (the electrolyte recovery etc).

Doesn't harm to have a look - they're not pressurized or anything. But
don't expect it to need topping up - unless you've had a long running
overcharging situation.

T i m

--
*Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.