Posted to uk.d-i-y
Gib Bogle Gib Bogle is offline

Default Douglas Fir

Stuart Noble wrote:
Arthur 51 wrote:
On 27 Feb, 13:26, wrote:
On Fri, 27 Feb 2009 04:27:31 -0800 (PST), Arthur 51

wrote:
Hi all.
I quite fancy douglas fir for my bookshel/cabinet project.
SL Hardwoods have 290mm x 19mm x 3m (finished sizes)
My question is, is 19mm adequate thickness for the verticals which
will be 2.8m high?
Thanks.
Arthur
This one any good to you?
:-)http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/env...04989/Britains...

Amazing tree!
This DF has been on ebay for some time. Wish I could afford it...
http://tinyurl.com/cc224s

DF reminds me of churches and old school buildings, both of which I find
depressing

We used to own a California bungalow in Pasadena that was made of
Douglas fir, with a lot of wood panelling and ledges in the living room.
We stripped all the old varnish + paint, and satin polyurethaned. The
floor had also been painted, so that was also stripped and
polyurethaned. The house was transformed into something quite fine.
The wood used on the floor was a bit on the soft side though.

My wife still reproaches me for leaving it behind :-(