Posted to alt.home.repair

Default How to keep PVC cement from drying?

On Wed, 25 Feb 2009 20:32:51 -0800, "Walter R."
wrote:

I work with PVC irrigation pipes, small jobs at a time.

Every time I try to use a previously opened can of cement, it has glued
itself shut beyond redemption.

I am careful not to get cement on the rim of the can, but it takes very
little to permanently glue the can shut.

I am sure I am not the only one who has this problem. How do you guys cope
with it?

What are you using? I use the Oakley primer and PVC glue. These
metal cans seal tightly and have a brush mounted in the cap. Lasts
many years, never had an issue.